Sunday, January 11, 2015

Newark, New Jersey Airport -- January 11, 2015

I'm finally on my way to Europe, after a bit of a fright at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. When I tried to check in, the computer said that there were no reservations in my name. However, one of the check-in clerks got on the computer and got it straightened out. After that, the first leg of the journey from Phoenix to Newark was uneventful. However, I do have a five-hour layover here, which is not too uncomfortable, as I had a free pass to the United Club lounge where I am sitting in an easy chair, drinking free coffee, and munching free snacks.

I will be in Paris after a few nights in Brussels, and I notice that I will be staying just a few blocks from the kosher supermarket where one of the terrorists held hostages. In fact, I believe I have shopped there on previous trips to Paris. I only wish I could be in Paris today to see the huge demonstration against terrorism that is apparently taking place as I write this.

No comments: