Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14, 2014 -- Still More Preparation

I leave for Barcelona one week from today, and I'm still not ready. The main problem is that my backpack is still too heavy, even though I still have a few things to pack. Since my last entry, the backpack weight, including water, has escalated to 28 pounds (13 kg). I plan to spend a good part of this morning trying to get the weight down. What can I eliminate? For a short hike, carrying almost 30 pounds including food and water might not be much, but for my old legs, it's too much to be carrying day after day, week after week. One of the items about to be set aside os the detachable keyboard from my tablet computer. I'm a fast touch typist, so doing hunt and peck with an onscreen keyboard that keeps getting in the way will be a sacrifice.

No comments: