Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 15, 2011 -- Lille, France

It did in fact stop raining about midmorning yesterday, although the sky remained very dark and threatening all day, and most of the day it was chilly enough that I felt more comfortable wearing the green sweatshirt that I purchased in Paris.

There is a group of people staying at the hostel who are apparently of low intelligence. The evening before last, one of the men kept staring at me with an odd look on his face, and his companion also stared at me but with a smile on his face that looked as if it would break out in laughter at any moment. It took me a few minutes to realize that they were part of a small group of mentally handicapped persons who are staying at the hostel.

The weather looks better this morning. The sky is clear, and it promises to be a good day. I've been reading up a bit on the history of Lille, and I've picked out some sights I want to see today.  -- Jack Quinn

No comments: