Friday, August 26, 2011

August 27, 2011 -- Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

 Today is my last full day in Luxembourg City. Tomorrow morning I take the train to Frankfurt, Germany, where I will spend two nights before flying to Phoenix on Tuesday. I may be out of Internet contact after tomorrow morning. I seem to remember its being difficult to find an open WiFi connection in Germany, so tomorrow could be my last blog entry until I do the final wrap-up when I arrive in Phoenix.

McDonald's in Germany has free WiFi, of course, but the German McDonald's organization has a strange way of accessing it. When you reach the log-on page, you are required to enter your cell phone number, and the system sends you unique log-on credentials by means of a text message, called SMS (short-message service) in Europe. If you don't have a German cell phone number, you're out of luck.

There's not much to report about my day yesterday. I did some exploring on foot during the morning and spent the afternoon indoors trying to stay out of the rain and dry. It began raining shortly after noon.

No comments: