Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Paris August 3, 2011

It started raining last evening, and Paris is supposed to experience thundershowers off and on today before returning to partly cloudy weather tomorrow. At least the cold weather seems to be over. I was sure that my buying a sweatshirt for the cold would cause it to warm up, and it worked!

There is a large group of elderly people (younger than I, however) here in the Clichy Youth Hostel. They seem to be from Slovenia. The problem with people of that age is that they all get up early and crowd the breakfast room just at the time when I am eating breakfast. One good thing about younger people is that they stay up all night drinking and are in no shape to get out of bed early in the morning.

I saw part of a bike race on TV yesterday. The volume of the TV was turned down, so I couldn't quite make out where it was taking place, but I would guess again Slovenia. It was in Eastern Europe for sure. It's nice to be in a country where bike racing is a major sport that is televised by the major sports channels. :)  -- Jack Quinn

No comments: