Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 -- Bayonne, France

I'm sitting in a train station killing time. My train to Perpignan departs in four hours, but with nowhere to leave my backpack in safety, I'm pretty much confined to the waiting room of the train station unless I want to risk stressing my injured leg lugging the backpack around.

I have a much more positive outlook today. It's amazing what six large cans of beer and a bag of potato chips can do for one's mental state. I realize that I am restricted to being fairly sedentary until and unless this leg heals up, but I'm reluctant to give up the journey. I think a beach or seaside resort in Spain may be just the ticket for someone who is forced to sit around.

Perpignan is one the Mediterranean coast of France and right on the Spanish border. I'm considering spending two nights there and then perhaps continuing to Gerona in the Cataluña region of Spain. -- Jack

No comments: