Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 22 -- Paris

I went out yesterday morning despite the cold and rain, but I soon got discouraged and took the metro back to the youth hostel in order to spend the afternoon watching the Tour de France on TV. I'm glad I did. What an exciting stage! I can't wait to see who finishes today, the last mountain stage, in the yellow jersey. I'm betting on Fränk Schleck. It was a pleasure to see France's Thomas Voekler still in yellow at the end of today's stage. I'm sure he never felt he would wear the yellow jersey after a hard Alpine stage.

The guy in the bunk above me seems to spend his days in his bunk with the curtains pulled shut watching DVDs on his laptop computer. He has his computer up there in bed with him and even slept with it last night.

This morning, it's not just chilly. It's downright cold!

No comments: