Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 28, 2011 -- Paris




I didn't stick with my resolve not to walk yesterday and to rest my injured leg. It's had to be in Paris and not . However, I did stop often to sit on a bench and read on my Kindle.

The day started overcast but not overly cold, perhaps in the mid-60s. However, as the morning wore on, the sky became more and more threatening, as can be seen in the picture, and the temperature dropped. In the afternoon, it started to rain. I ducked into a Metro (subway) station and made my way back to the hostel, where I spend the rest of the afternoon reading.



I see that two of my fellow hostelers have just packed up their pannier bags and mounted them on their touring bicycles and are about to ride off. Although it is still very wet outside and looks as if it could rain again, I envy them. The next time I come over here, I've got to figure out a way to bring a touring bike.

Thanks to those of you who have E-mailed. I do enjoy getting messages from back home, and I do answer. I can be reached at the usual E-mail addresses, which I won't publish here to avoid getting my address on all of the spam lists.

No comments: