Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 18, Perpignan, France

I uploaded some pictures to earlier entries of the blog yesterday. Two of them I finally managed to transfer from my cellphone to the computer (I had to download a driver from Microsoft), and the third one was sent to me by E-mail by an Englishman who took it with his iPad in Orisson. The two earlier pictures were taken when I was staying in Strasbourg.

It was cloudy, windy, and cold in Perpignan yesterday and it even rained a bit. I thought Southern France was supposed to be hot in summer! I could have used a jacket.

I walked around a lot to try to exercise my leg. When I have sciatica, it seems to help if I walk a lot. I ducked into the railroad station each time it rained.

There are some interesting people in my room here in the youth hostel. One is a guy just two years younger than I who fled the dictatorship in Uruguay many years ago and has been living in France ever since. He and I speak more Spanish with one another than French.

There is also a young Englishman in the room who is reading a novel by Margaret Atwood that his sister recommended. It's niece to see that there are still young people who read. I had to explain to him, however, that Ms Atwood is Canadian, not American.

Well, first a morning hot shower and shave and then out into the cold. -- Jack Quinn

No comments: