Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26, 2014 -- Caldadilla de la Cueza, Spain

This will be a short entry, but if you haven't checked yesterday's entry since I added the picture, I suggest that you might like the photo of the two jackasses.

I walked 17.1 kilometers or 10.2 miles today, almost all of it through the countryside with no place to stop to fill my water bottle. I started the day with an extra large bottle of water, and I had finished both bottles of water before I arrived here. It was a tough day for me, although most of the people I have been walking with for the past week went on farther. It was flat and exposed to the sun with no change in scenery to take one's mind off walking.

As well as feeling terrible, I must have looked it, because the woman in the motorized wheelchair and her companion caught me and insisted that I put my backpack in the wheelchair. I had to plead with her companion to stop him from grabbing my backpack, because for some reason I felt that I had to carry it on my own.

PS/ After I made the entry above, a guy arrived who said he had walked all the way from Budapest, Hungary and is walking 50 kilometers or 31 miles a day, and here I am whining about my 10 to 12 miles a day.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Like your friend. Bring him home with you, no more mowing the grass! Jean

Jack Quinn said...

I think my friend is a she. Yes, I'll bring her back and drop her off at your place. In Sun City, she should fit right in. :)