Saturday, July 05, 2014

July 5, 2014 -- Espinal, Spain

This will be a short entry following a short walk. I felt that I overdid it yesterday crossing the Pyrenees, so I made today a short day. I walked only 6.5 kilometers (four miles) from Roncenvalles to the little village of Espinal. My legs were a bit sore and quite stiff, and I'm not in a rush. However, it means that the friends that I've made so far are ahead of me on the road. Tomorrow I'll try a bit longer stretch, 15.4  kilometers (9.6 miles) to Zybiri. In a few days I'll be in Pamplona, where the running of the bulls will be taking place. I'll walk through as quickly as I can and try to avoid staying there, because the town will be full of loud drunks.

Today was sunny but chilly. It's hard to believe that it can be so chilly in July. Tomorrow the forecast is for rain, but no matter how hard it rains, nothing can as miserable as yesterday was.

No comments: